L ocated at the corner of Lehman and Fairview Avenue, Johnson-Vaughn-Phelps Funeral Home occupies the former Old Grandstand and the WLBJ Radio Station. WLBJ Radio Station was constructed in 1940 and was designed as one of the most modern buildings of its time boasting of double stud construction, expansive landscaping and air conditioning throughout the first floor.
Some of the original structural design can still be seen even after extensive remodeling when purchased in 1962 by Mr. and Mrs. Aubry Johnson and several stages of remodeling over the years.
Johnson-Vaughn-Phelps Funeral Home has two spacious chapels available for use during periods of visitation and services as well as warm and inviting reception rooms. We also have two kitchen areas furnished with microwaves, refrigerators and cable television to be used by families during visitation and service times.
All areas are handicap accessible and we are a smoke free facility.
We are proud to be a family owned and operated funeral home and strive to create an atmosphere not unlike a welcoming home.